Questions at the end of the book
Because of there’s an open ending at the end of the book, I had questions which I asked myself and which would probably never be responded.
- What would happen to Jonas and Gabriel?
- Will they survive? Is there enough time to reach the village, or will they freeze to death?
- Is Jonas’ imagination real or is it just a wish of him?
- If they accomplish to arrive at the village: do the other people know something about the communities?
- Will he find someone who will take care for him and Gabriel?
- Do they know that there’s a life without colors and individuality?
- Is this the only village which isn’t owned by the community?
- If there are still other countries, do they know something about the life in the community?
- If not, how did the Elders of the community create the secret about their life?
- What will happen to the people in the community?
- Will they cope (zurechtkommen) with the burden of all the memories?
- How will they react, if everything’s going right?
- What will happen to them, if the memories are too strong and destroy the people?
- Will there be a revolution of the members of the community?
- Will they build a new country with justice and own opinions of the people?